Indulgence is Having the Greatest Impact on Consumer Behavior in the German Spirits market.
As economic and societal change drives incremental evolution of behavioral patterns, consumers’ consumption patterns can undergo changes as a result of a multitude of different trends: from indulgence to media influence, from aspirations for healthy lifestyles to the shifting state of gender roles, an understanding of which segments of society are consuming which products and why provides companies with an invaluable insight into the motivating forces of the market, allowing them to position their products with maximum efficiency and reap the greatest rewards.
Germany Spirits Value Share Age Groups
Consumer specialist Canadean’s brand new report – The German Spirits Market: What Consumers Drink and Why? – is the result of its unique, highly detailed, and proprietary study of consumers’ Spirits consumption habits, offering highly segmented data on the influence of 20 consumer trends on 26 consumer groups within the Spirits sector. Together with its provision of consumer penetration data for brands and private labels, and unique retailer choice data at the product category level – both of which augment original survey results with subsequent consumer tracking and modeling – this report answers the key questions integral to any Consumer Packaged Goods organization’s success: who is consuming what, and what is motivating this consumption? With its accurate quantification of the impact of consumer trends on specific segments of the market, The German Spirits Market: What Consumers Drink and Why? facilitates informed updating of marketing tactics and strategic planning, and should be considered required reading for those serious about capitalizing on the opportunities in Germany’s Spirits market.
Some key insights include:
- Tequila & Mezcal consumption is low in Germany, while those that do consume Tequila & Mezcal are mostly situated in younger age groups. These consumers tend to have low disposable incomes, limiting total consumption of the category.
Germany Spitits Value by Gender
- The Speciality Spirits market is the largest spirit segment in the overall German Spirits market by value. This is despite Non-users accounting for over half of each age group and low numbers of Heavy users. Producers should take notice of the large number of Light users across all age groups and create strategies to increase their consumption frequency.
- Older consumers account for the largest share of the German Spirits market by value. Early Young Adults are the smallest segment, with value increasing as consumers get older. The reasons for this include the greater availability of disposable income among older age groups and the influence of competing alcoholic beverages, such as beer and wine, and soft drinks in different age groups.
- The Tequila & Mezcal market is the smallest segment in the overall German Spirits market by value and volume. This is despite Non-users accounting for over half of each age group and low numbers of Heavy users. Producers should take notice of the large number of Light users across all age groups and create strategies to increase their consumption frequency.
Germany Whisky Consuption Age Group
- The German Spirits market by value is dominated by the Better Off wealth group, which, together with the Highly Affluent wealth group, comprise over half of the German Spirits market by value, indicating strong potential for premium products.
Uniquely positioned to provide compelling, actionable market intelligence thanks to its rigorous research methodology – which encompasses internal resources, extensive desk research, market modeling, and the input of its panel of leading industry executives – Canadean is able to combine research on general industry drivers and trends with expert’s attitudes and behaviors, making The German Spirits Market: What Consumers Drink and Why? required reading for those serious about reacting to market trends and capitalizing on opportunities in the German Spirits market.
The German Spirits Market: What Consumers Drink and Why? - CS0586IS - $3,995
reports-research.com c/o dynamic technologies GmbH Im Hilgersfeld 44 51427 Bergisch Gladbach GERMANY
Managing director: Manuel Bravo Sanchez
Manuel Bravo Sanchez
Tel.:+ 49 (0) 2204 2918806
Fax + 49 (0) 221 677 897 31
Reports-research.com is an independent sales-platform for market surveys, market analyses and market research. Our portfolio comprises more than 252.113 reports with up-to-date market data (Information on markets, market potential, market development, etc.): For thousands of market segments in Germany, Europe and Worldwide and growing every day!