Indulgence is Having the Greatest Impact on Consumer Behavior in the German Soft Drinks market.
As economic and societal change drives incremental evolution of behavioral patterns, consumers’ consumption patterns can undergo changes as a result of a multitude of different trends: from indulgence to media influence, from aspirations for healthy lifestyles to the shifting state of gender roles, an understanding of which segments of society are consuming which products and why provides companies with an invaluable insight into the motivating forces of the market, allowing them to position their products with maximum efficiency and reap the greatest rewards.
The German Soft Drinks Market: Value Share Groups
Consumer specialist Canadean’s brand new report – The German Soft Drinks Market: What Consumers Drink and Why? – is the result of its unique, highly detailed, and proprietary study of consumers’ Soft Drinks consumption habits, offering highly segmented data on the influence of 20 consumer trends on 26 consumer groups within the Soft Drinks sector. Together with its provision of consumer penetration data for brands and private labels, and unique retailer choice data at the product category level – both of which augment original survey results with subsequent consumer tracking and modeling – this report answers the key questions integral to any Consumer Packaged Goods organization’s success: who is consuming what, and what is motivating this consumption? With its accurate quantification of the impact of consumer trends on specific segments of the market, The German Soft Drinks Market: What Consumers Drink and Why? facilitates informed updating of marketing tactics and strategic planning, and should be considered required reading for those serious about capitalizing on the opportunities in Germany’s Soft Drinks market.
The German Soft Drinks Market: Value Share Gender
Some key insights include:
- Consumers’ uptake of products and the influence of consumer trends are fundamental causes of change in markets – making knowing what these trends are and the extent of their influence crucial.
- Consumption frequency analysis reveals that a low number of Germans consume Concentrates. The share of non-users across age groups ranges between 80–90%. Consequently, marketing planners are likely to grant little exposure to this segment
- Consumption frequency analysis reveals that the consumption of Smoothies in Germany is highest in the Tweens and Early Teens age group. German parents tend to include Smoothies in their children’s diet as it is considered to be one of the healthiest beverages.
- Consumption frequency analysis reveals that the rate of non-users of Sparkling Soft Drinks increases from 34% among ‘Older Young Adults’ to more than65% among ‘Older Consumers’. As German consumers grow older they tend to reduce their heavy and medium consumption of carbonated drinks, one reason for which is their high sugar content.
- Cohort group analysis reveals that the Better Off wealth group accounts for more than a 40% share of the Soft Drinks market in Germany.
- Brand analysis reveals that private labels’ record a market penetration of 20–40% in Germany. Private label presence is highest in the Bottled Water and Juices categories and lowest in the Functional Drinks category. This indicates that retailers can record strong profits from own-brand Soft Drinks.
Germany Bottled Water Consumption Age Group
- Bottled Water accounts for almost half of the Soft Drinks market in Germany in value terms. This is unusually higher and much larger than the typical market leaders such as Sparkling Soft Drinks and Juices
Uniquely positioned to provide compelling, actionable market intelligence thanks to its rigorous research methodology – which encompasses internal resources, extensive desk research, market modeling, and the input of its panel of leading industry executives – Canadean is able to combine research on general industry drivers and trends with expert’s attitudes and behaviors, making The German Soft Drinks Market: What Consumers Drink and Why? required reading for those serious about reacting to market trends and capitalizing on opportunities in the German Soft Drinks market.
The German Soft Drinks Market: What Consumers Drink and Why? - CS0546IS - $3,995
reports-research.com c/o dynamic technologies GmbH Im Hilgersfeld 44 51427 Bergisch Gladbach GERMANY
Managing director: Manuel Bravo Sanchez
Manuel Bravo Sanchez
Tel.:+ 49 (0) 2204 2918806
Fax + 49 (0) 221 677 897 31
Reports-research.com is an independent sales-platform for market surveys, market analyses and market research. Our portfolio comprises more than 252.113 reports with up-to-date market data (Information on markets, market potential, market development, etc.): For thousands of market segments in Germany, Europe and Worldwide and growing every day!