Promotional Offers Identified as the Key to Airport Retail Success in 2013-14
Promotional offers have been identified as essential for the airport retail industry for success in 2013-2014, according to leading consumer specialist Canadean’s new report - Global Business Travellers’ Airport Retail Trends, 2013-2014 – with 78% of survey respondents identifying the ‘promotion of price advantages over city-center retailers’ as the key activity that can optimize the business of airport retailers.
Promotional Offers for Better Footfall at Airport Retail Stores - Business Fravelers (% All Respondests)
This report is the result of an extensive survey drawn from Canadean’s exclusive panel of global business travellers with regard to airport operators and retailers’ efforts to increase non-aeronautical revenues to capitalize on growing passenger volumes. It offers analysis of trends in airport retail, with an explanation of how opportunities and demand are set to change in 2013-14, providing access to the opinions and purchasing behaviors of business travellers, in addition to an examination of their expectations of total expenditure at airport retail outlets and necessary developments for better footfall.
This information is categorized by age, gender, income levels, region, travel destination, and travel frequency, examining a wide range of variables in regard to purchasing behavior in airport retail outlets. This facilitates the formulation of accurate expectations with regard to travellers’ behavior, in addition to the identification of key challenges, opportunities, product categories, and promotional activities to maximize revenue in the airport retail market, thereby making Global Business Travellers’ Airport Retail Trends, 2013-2014 required reading for those seeking to position their businesses to meet the expectations and demands of global business travellers.
Some Key Insights Include:
- When travelling by air, the highest percentage of passengers prefer to shop at retail stores.
- Overall, 52% of respondents spent ‘US$25-US$100’ on shopping at duty free airport retail shops, whilst 45% spend ‘less than US$25’ at duty paid airport retail outlets.
Average Shopping Frequency of Business Travelers at Airport Retail Stores
- Respondents expect ‘no or minimal change’ in their overall shopping expenditure at airport retail stores 2013-2014, with only 17% of respondents forecasting their overall shopping at airport retail stores to increase considerable over the next six months – a decline of 2% from the respondents who expressed similar opinions in 2012.
- Tobacco, perfumes, cosmetics, and alcoholic beverages are the most popular products amongst pre-planned purchases, whilst art and craft, music and video, and clothing and footwear products are the most likely to be purchased on impulse.
- ‘Renowned brands at discounted prices’, ‘last minute gifts’, and ‘utilization of time’ are the key factors to induce purchase at airport retail stores.
Frequency of Utilazation by Business Travelers "Shop and Collect Facilities"
- ‘Occasional high prices’, ‘return or exchange of goods’, and ‘security concerns for liquid items’ are the most pressing concerns that influence shopping at airport retail outlets.
- Promoting price advantages over city-center retailers’ and ‘adapting offers to passenger profiles are crucial for business of airport retailers.
- Dubai International Airport and Heathrow Terminal 5 Airport are the leading airports in terms of the retail experience offered to business travellers.
Uniquely positioned to provide compelling, actionable market intelligence thanks to its rigorous research methodology – which encompasses internal resources, extensive desk research, market modeling, and the input of its panel of leading industry executives – Canadean is able to combine research on general industry drivers and trends with expert’s attitudes and behaviors, making Global Business Travellers’ Airport Retail Trends, 2013-2014required reading for those serious about reacting to market trends and capitalizing on opportunities in the global airport retail market.
Global Business Travellers’ Airport Retail Trends, 2013-2014 - RT2500PR - $2,000
reports-research.com c/o dynamic technologies GmbH Im Hilgersfeld 44 51427 Bergisch Gladbach GERMANY
Managing director: Manuel Bravo Sanchez
Manuel Bravo Sanchez
Tel.:+ 49 (0) 2204 2918806
Fax + 49 (0) 221 677 897 31
Reports-research.com is an independent sales-platform for market surveys, market analyses and market research. Our portfolio comprises more than 252.113 reports with up-to-date market data (Information on markets, market potential, market development, etc.): For thousands of market segments in Germany, Europe and Worldwide and growing every day!
- World Agrochemical and Pesticide Market to Grow 8.7% annually from 2014 to 2018 according to Global Research & Data Services